Tron recently made an official announcement about the Mainnet being updated to Odyssey-v.1.06 which comes with number of new features. The information was disseminated by the founder and CEO of Tron, Justin Sun as well who shared the article on the recent update on his official Twitter page.
According to the announcement, the new version introduces vote freeze, vote defreeze and reward redemption features in addition to bandwidth-based mode in transfer. It was also reported that most of the new mechanisms have undergone an optimization process already and showed an improved performance. In general a steady progress in the company’s development has been recorded.
The main new features of the Odyssey-v.1.06, that have been introduced in the official announcement include:
1. Adding Bandwidth-based mode which remarkably alleviates the threat of DDoS attacks to account transfer.
2. Adding the Vote freeze, defreeze and vote redemption.
3. Adding Function test module.
4. Adding Multi-thread parallel verification and signature module which significantly enhances overall TPS.
5. Optimizing P2P module which visibly improves broadcast efficiency.
6. Optimizing Storage performance by introducing a memory-efficient indexing mechanism.
7. Elaborating on the interaction protocol.
8. Fixing a number of previously known bugs.
The CTO of Tron, Lucien Chen stated that the recent update will allow providing smoother connections and higher TPS. Chen also confirmed that this has been possible to achieve due to concurrency techniques as well as the decentralized voting system.
According to the announcement, DDoS is a prime threat to any public chain and hence Tron aims on neutralizing this “beast” and offering a more fluent and secure experience to the users, and this makes bandwidth-based mode in transfer such a priority for Odyssey-v.1.0.6. The official announcement by the company concluded “our efforts for a prosperous global decentralized ecosystem have been and will be embodied in our incessant iterations”.